Sunday, August 29, 2010

Online personals: you too can date

As I wrote before, autism really is a spectrum from the happily married (but not without problems because of the autism) who often found out one of them has AS when a child was diagnosed to those who have never dated.

For the lonely, online dating has become a door to the normals' world in this department, and is almost but not quite respectable among normals (they often use it now too but still few 'fess up to it, which tells you not to talk about it).

Get a decent haircut and clothes, and a digital camera to show all that, and learn how to write online (no rambles or lectures about your obsessions) and you too can date etc.

As they say, your mileage may vary. Some sites will work for you; some won't.

My picks: Plenty of Fish (which I found on an AS site, Wrong Planet, which itself I found doesn't work if you're looking for a date) and OK Cupid. Let me put it this way: with a little effort like I described above, which is in the range of things most of us can handle, I can tell you firsthand you don't need to be an alpha to get results.

And they're free.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment