Thursday, August 19, 2010

What I think this blog's name means

As I didn't name it. I hated the expression "you're finding yourself" when I was a kid; I thought it was patronizing. But it's true. When you have AS you can't really do that until you know about the AS; you're flying blind.

When you know, it doesn't get rid of all your problems - there are still boobytraps like "things coming out wrong" when you try to say them and giving off the wrong body language when you don't mean to (I literally almost got into a fight the first four days at my job because of that; when the guy - heatedly of course - explained what he saw, I understood but didn't tell him, only saying I was sorry... it's for me to know to help me and none of his business).

But it cuts your problems at least in half.

Then like an actor you can take control of the front personalities you've haphazardly tried to build and put on over the years (one article: "I was Sherlock Holmes one month, Groucho Marx the next") and make them work like they're supposed to for a change, because now you know how to work them.

Because you've found center and are really talking from that, just using the fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment